- 3 large tart green baking apples (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 Cup California golden raisins
- 1 Cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 21/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Nutmeg; for garnish
Cut apples in half; remove stems and core. Arrange cut side up in a baking dish with 1 inch water. Bake at 350°F, basting several times, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Meanwhile, in small bowl, plump raisins in boiling water to cover.
In blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, yogurt and lemon juice. Drain raisins and, with motor running, add to container a few at a time; process until chopped coarsely.
When apples are almost done, divide and spoon raisin-cheese mixture into centers. Bake again at 350°F for 10 minutes, till heated through. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve warm.