California Fruit and Antipasto Salad
Begin with this combination of raisins, pasta, meats and vegetables to eat well.
- 1 medium fresh ripe nectarine
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat shell macaroni
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet red onion
- 1/4 cup bottled vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 25 slice salami or pepperoni
- 16 cooked prawns or large shrimp
- 1/3 cup sliced cucumber
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Slice nectarines into a bowl; sprinkle with sugar and squeeze lemon juice over all. Add raisins, macaroni, celery, onion and 1/3 cup dressing. Toss to coat well. Cover and chill.
When ready to serve, pile lettuce on serving platter. Spoon nectarine mixture onto lettuce and arrange salami, prawns, cucumber and tomatoes along side. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 540 (57% from fat); Total Fat 35g (sat 12g, mono 14g, poly 7g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 90mg; Protein 24g; Carbohydrate 35g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 21g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 1450mg; Calcium 142mg; Potassium 657mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.