California Bulgur Salad
Fresh plums, golden raisins and sliced almonds add texture and flavor to a whole grain salad.
- 1/4 cup cracked wheat bulgur
- 4 fresh ripe plums, divided
- 1/4 cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Prepare bulgur as directed on package; cool and turn into small bowl. Dice 2 plums and add to bulgur with remaining ingredients except lettuce; toss to blend and chill thoroughly. Serve on 2 lettuce-lined plates or platter, surrounded by slices of remaining plums.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 340 (46% from fat); Total Fat 18g (sat 2g, mono 7g, poly 8g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 10mg; Protein 7g; Carbohydrate 41g; (Dietary Fiber 6g; Sugars 21g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 105mg; Calcium 91mg; Potassium 466mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.