Breakfast Quinoa with Maple & California Raisins
A nutty and sweet warm breakfast option.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 20 cups cooked quinoa, approximately 5 cups uncooked
- 9 cups light coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 4 cups real maple syrup
- 10 cups California raisins*
- *on USDA Foods Available List for Schools
Bring coconut milk, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice to a simmer over low heat, stirring. Add raisins and stir until plump and softened. Add cooked quinoa and stir until warmed through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 282 (12% from fat); Total Fat 4g (sat 2g, mono 0g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 61g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 31mg; Calcium 51mg; Potassium 456mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.