Bean and Shrimp Salad
Beans, shrimp, parsley and California raisins combine for a terrific salad.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground green peppercorns
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, cut into paper-thin slices
- 1 can (15 ounces) small white navy or pinto beans
- 8 ounce cooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup California raisins
- 1 package (7 ounces) spring salad mix
In small bowl, stir lemon juice and ground green peppercorns together until well mixed. Add oil and stir vigorously until well blended. Add sliced onions; toss gently and let stand for several hours.
Drain beans and combine with shrimp, parsley and raisins in large bowl; toss with dressing and onions until well mixed. Line serving platter with salad mix. Spoon shrimp mixture on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 410 (41% from fat); Total Fat 19g (sat 2.5g, mono 14g, poly 2g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 110mg; Protein 22g; Carbohydrate 40g; (Dietary Fiber 7g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 5mg; Sodium 620mg; Calcium 88mg; Potassium 718mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.