- 3 Cups California raisins*
- 23/4 Cups warm water
- 2 Ounces vegetable oil*
- 23/4 Cups diced onion
- 1/3 Cup minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/3 Cup jerk flavored seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14 Cups Cargill cooked turkey crumbles*
- 33 Ounces canned tomato paste*
- 50 small dinner rolls, cut in half crosswise
- Optional toppings: cheese, tomato, lettuce
- *on USDA Foods List for Schools
Preheat over to 350°F.
Put raisins in bowl and cover with warm water, set aside. Place oil in large saute-pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add chili powder and jerk seasoning, salt and pepper; stir together for 1 to 2 minutes. Add turkey and cook, stirring until combined. Stir in tomato paste and cook until warmed through. Add water and raisins; cook covered over medium heat until thickened. Uncover and cook, stirring, until desired consistency. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Warm rolls in oven. Divide and spoon turkey mixture among bottom halves of rolls. Top each with a cheese slice and tomato slice, if desired, and replace tops of rolls. Serve.