- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 Cup tahini
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon red curry powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup California golden raisins
- 2 Tablespoons California golden raisins; for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley; for garnish
- 4 pita pocket breads, cut into 24 triangles
Combine garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper, curry powder, cinnamon, cloves, shallot, oil and raisins in food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
To serve, allow hummus to warm to room temperature. Garnish with raisins and chopped parsley. Serve with pita bread triangles.
Note: For dipping, thin hummus with 1/4 cup milk.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 70 (Calories from Fat 34%); Total Fat 2 ( Saturated Fat 0; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 0; Sodium 140; Potassium 102; Total Carbohydrate 10; Dietary Fiber 1; Sugars 5; Protein 2; Calcium 14; Iron 1;
Try Another Recipe
Grilled Chicken with Guajillo Chile and California Raisin Pipian
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
California Raisins are naturally sweet, no added sugar!