Thai Lemongrass Glaze (makes 1-3/4 cups)
- 1 Cup California raisin juice concentrate*
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass
- 3 Tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
Thai Lemongrass Glaze
Combine all ingredients in blender and process on high until smooth; mix well. Reserve in squeeze bottle.
Asparagus, Mango, Golden Raisin Salad
- 1 Cup California golden raisins
- 2 Cups warm water
- 1 Pound asparagus, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 2 mangos, peeled, seeded and cut into julienne
- 1/2 Cup fresh mint, cut into chiffonade
- 1/2 Cup prepared sesame ginger vinaigrette
Golden Raisin Salad
Plump raisins in warm water. Blanch asparagus in boiling salted water; chill in ice water. Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl except vinaigrette; add asparagus and raisins. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat well. Reserve at room temperature.
Red Curry Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 1 canola oil
- 1 Cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 Cup red and yellow pepper, cut into fine julienne
- 8 Ounces thin rice noodles, cooked and rinsed
- 1 Cup snow peas, blanched and chopped
- 1 Cup broccoli florets, blanched and chopped
- Fish sauce; to taste
Red Curry Noodles
Combine curry paste and coconut milk in a nonstick sautépan and heat over low heat to dissolve paste; set aside at room temperature. Heat large nonstick pan over medium-high heat; add canola oil and sauté shiitakes, red and yellow peppers for 1 minute. Add coconut-red curry sauce and heat through. Stir in noodles and fold together with snow peas and broccoli, over medium-high heat; mix well and season with fish sauce, to taste. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 6 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper; to taste
- Cooking spray, as needed
Season salmon with salt and fresh ground pepper. Spray large cast iron pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Place fillets, skin side up, in pan and cook for 4 minutes; turn and cook for 3 minutes more. Brush with Thai Lemongrass Glaze.
Divide noodles among 6 warm bowls. Arrange Salmon and Golden Raisin Salad on top; drizzle Lemongrass Glaze over all.
Note: Commercially prepared California raisin juice concentrate is available from foodservice and industrial suppliers.