- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) chunk white tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 Cup diced red apple
- 1/3 Cup California raisins
- 2 Tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/4 Cup regular or reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 2 pita breads (7-inch), cut in half to make pockets
- Green leaf lettuce or spinach leaves
In medium bowl, mix tuna, apple, raisins, celery and onions. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry, salt and pepper; blend thoroughly. Line each pita half with lettuce leaves; stuff with tuna mixture, dividing equally.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 440 (Calories from Fat 16%); Total Fat 8 ( Saturated Fat 1.5; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 35; Sodium 720; Potassium 602; Total Carbohydrate 64; Dietary Fiber 7; Sugars 22; Protein 30; Calcium 44; Iron 5;
Try Another Recipe
Burgers with Raisin Salsa
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are great food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- by James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.