- 10 Tablespoons peach jam or apricot-pineapple preserves
- 3 Tablespoons diced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 Cup California golden raisins
- 21/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 11/2 Tablespoons brandy or bourbon (optional)
- Dash of salt
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing; mix well.
Note: For serving suggestion, see recipe for Sweet Raisin Chicken Salad.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 70 (Calories from Fat 4%); Total Fat 0 ( Saturated Fat 0; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 0; Sodium 75; Potassium 82; Total Carbohydrate 17; Dietary Fiber <1; Sugars 14; Protein 1; Calcium 11; Iron 1;
Try Another Recipe
Fall-is-in-the-Air Raisin Pie
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.