- Combine all ingredients except raisins and mix on slow speed for 8 minutes; then, medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add raisins and mix just until incorporated on low speed. (Desired final dough temperature is 80ºF. Do not over mix.)
- Bulk ferment dough for 30 minutes.
- Scale into 10-ounce pieces and roll dough into 7 x 9-inch rectangles; sprinkle each with 2 ounces raisins.
- Roll up to make 8 or 9-inch loaf; dust with rye flour and arrange on sheet pan.
- Proof for 45 minutes at 80°F. Then, slash an S-decorative cut on top of each loaf.
- Bake at 395°F with steam for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and spray with water.
* See recipe
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
Sweet California Bread with Almonds and Walnuts
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
5. A ¼ cup serving of raisins provides 6% of the daily value for potassium.