- 1 Cup California golden raisins
- 1 Cup dry sherry
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons plus 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fennel greens
- 1 Cup green onion, thinly sliced
Soak raisins in sherry for about 20 minutes or overnight. Drain and reserve 2 tablespoons of the sherry. Combine orange juice, garlic, paprika, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 3 tablespoons oil. Let chicken breasts marinade in orange juice mixture 1 hour or overnight. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Remove chicken from marinade and sauté in hot pan until browned on both sides. Add remaining marinade to pan and finish cooking chicken. Remove from heat and set aside until cool enough to handle. Then, shred chicken.
Combine 2 tablespoons of sherry from soaking raisins, raisin paste, vinegar, 1 tablespoon fennel greens, and 3/4 cup oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold chicken, raisins, sliced fennel, green onions, remaining 1 tablespoon fennel greens and dressing.