- 1 Pound fresh halibut fillets or other fresh white fish
- 1/2 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 11/2 Cups California raisins
- 1/4 Cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1/4 Cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 Teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges; for garnish
- Fresh basil leaves; for garnish
Cut fish into 3/4-inch dice. Place in glass dish and add lemon juice and garlic; toss lightly to coat. Cover and place in refrigerator for 3 to 5 hours or overnight.
Drain fish; add raisins, tomato, almonds, capers, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper; mix well. Turn into serving bowl. Garnish with lemon and basil leaves. Serve with toothpicks or spoon for transfer to small cocktail plates.