Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly season salmon with salt and pepper. Dredge in semolina flour. Heat dry skillet almost to smoking; add 3 ounces olive oil and quickly sear salmon, 20 to 30 seconds on each side. Place in oven at 400°F and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet; set aside.
Reheat same skillet and cook spinach quickly for only 15 to 20 seconds; reserve. In same hot skillet, heat remaining oil; add zucchini and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, wine, tomato juice and raisins; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil.
To serve, ladle 4 ounces of the Raisin Ratatouille onto each of 6 individual plates. Divide spinach into 6 equal portions and place one at center of each plate. Arrange 1 piece of salmon on top of spinach and place a half slice of Swiss cheese on top of fish. Place another piece of salmon on top of cheese and top with the remaining slices of Swiss cheese. Sprinkle pine nuts over all.
- 21/2 Pounds Alaskan salmon, cut into 12 medallions (3 ounces each)
- 1 Cup semolina flour
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Ounces (6 tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 Cup diced zucchini
- 1 Cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 Cup California natural raisins
- 1/2 Cup California golden raisins
- 1 Teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 Ounce (2 tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Slices baby Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts