Combine butter and cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment beat until smooth and creamy. Add sour cream, zest and salt; mix well. Add flour and mix until well combined. Divide dough into 2 equal portions and flatten into disks. On well-floured surface, roll each dough disk to 9-inch round.
In food processor with steel blade, chop pecans until fine; turn into small bowl and set aside. Add jam, sugars, cinnamon and raisins to food processor bowl and process until raisins are chopped and mixture is spreadable. Divide and spread filling on dough rounds; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Using pastry or pizza cutter, cut each round into 8 equal wedge-shaped pieces. Beginning at widest end of each piece; roll up tightly like a croissant. Arrange on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Chill for 1 hour before baking.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush rugelach with sour cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and serve warm or cool on wire rack. Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Note: Unsalted Plugrá® European-Style Butter and King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour from Whole Foods are highly recommended.
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon fresh lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 11/3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup pecans
- 1/4 Cup apricot jam
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 11/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 11/2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup California golden or natural raisins
- Sour cream; for garnish
- Coarse sugar; for garnish