- 1 Cup California raisins, plumped
- 31/4 Cups bread flour
- 3 Tablespoons dry mustard powder (1 ounce)
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 11/2 Cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced crosswise
- 2 Tablespoons compressed fresh yeast ( 1 ounce)
- 1/3 Cup mango chutney, chopped
- 11/4 Cups warm water
- 13/4 Tablespoons butter, melted
A day ahead, measure raisins into small bowl and add water to cover. Set aside to plump for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a loaf pan; set aside.
Measure flour, mustard powder, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, scallions and chutney. Make a well. Add yeast and warm water. Allow to proof for 10 to 15 minutes. Mix to smooth dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Let stand for 10 minutes. Shape and place into loaf pan; cover and proof for 20 to 25 minutes.
Brush top with melted butter; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 375ºF. Remove from pan and turn onto wire rack to cool.