- 1 acorn squash
- 21/2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 Cup cooked rice
- 1/2 tart apple; peeled, cored and diced
- 3/4 Cup California golden raisins
- 2 Teaspoons chopped pecans
- 11/2 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 Teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 Teaspoon melted butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, as needed
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut squash in half lenghtwise and remove seeds. Set aside.
In large bowl, mix maple syrup, rice, apple, raisins, pecans, onion, parsley, butter and cinnamon together well. Divide and spoon into cavity of squash, mounding as needed to use all the filling. Arrange on baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake 1 hour, or until tender. Drizzle with additional maple syrup. Divide and serve hot.