- Twelve (12) hours before mixing, macerate raisins in rum, fruit juice or water (75°F) just to cover; let stand 12 hours. (Desired final macerated weight is approximately 72% raisins and 28% liquid.)
- Cream butter, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl, using a paddle attachment, until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add egg, creaming well.
- Stir in pumpkin purée and vanilla extract; mix lightly.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, spices and baking soda. Add slowly to creamed mixture and mix until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Drain raisins well and scale out to desired final weight. Fold walnuts and raisins into dough; mix together.
- Scoop 1.9-ounce (55-gram) portions of dough onto greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 320°F for about 13 to 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
Raisin Walnut Bars
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
California Raisins are naturally sweet, no added sugar!