- 12 day boat sea scallops (1 ounce each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Pound baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 Cup California raisins, plumped in 1/3 cup sherry wine
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts, toasted
Season scallops on all sides with salt and pepper; set aside. Heat large non-stick skillet or heavy frypan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and scallops, flat side down. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms of scallops are golden brown and release from pan. Turn and finish cooking over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes more. Keep warm.
Heat another large sautépan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil; cook shallots and garlic, stirring constantly, until translucent (145°F), about 30 seconds. Toss in the spinach with some water still clinging to it. Salt and pepper and toss quickly until spinach is wilted. Add raisins and pine nuts; toss to combine. Immediately, divide mixture onto 4 plates and top with scallops. Drizzle with olive oil and serve at once.