- 1 prepared pie crust
- 5 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 Cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 Cup coarsely chopped kalamata or sliced ripe olives
- 1 Package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 Cups California golden raisins
- 1 Cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 Cup milk
Preheat oven to 325°F. Arrange unbaked crust in 8-inch quiche or cake pan. Separate 1 egg, reserving yolk in mixing bowl, and brush inside of crust with beaten white. Place on foil lined baking sheet and set aside.
In medium sauté pan, heat oil and cook onions, stirring frequently, until soft. Then, add sweet pepper; stir and heat till softened. Remove from heat; add olives and spinach and toss. Turn into pan with crust; spread evenly. Then, sprinkle raisins and feta cheese, evenly, over all. Set aside.
Add remaining eggs to mixing bowl with reserved yolk; whisk together with milk. Then, pour over all ingredients in pan.
Bake at 325°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until firm and knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes, and cut into 8 wedges. Serve warm