- 2 Tablespoons California golden raisins
- 2 Tablespoons California natural raisins
- 4 (1/2 cup) Pernod aperitif
- 6 jumbo shrimp
- 2 (1/4 cup) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon diced shallot
- 1 small bulb fennel, julienne or cut in wedges
- 4 (1/2 cup) fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon diced red peppers
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Cups fresh spinach leaves
Combine raisins and Pernod in a small bowl and set aside. Clean and devein shrimp. Heat sautépan to very hot and add one half of the oil. Quickly, sauté shrimp with shallot. Add fennel and sauté till translucent. Deglaze pan with Pernod and raisins. Add orange juice and reduce by half. Stir in red pepper and swirl in butter. Set aside.
In another pan, heat oil and quickly sauté spinach; drain. Mound in center of plate and arrange shrimp on top. Spoon pan sauce with plumped raisins and fennel over all. Garnish with chopped red pepper or fennel fronds.