- 1 Cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons honey
- 1 Teaspoon minced fresh mint
- Pinch ground cardamom
- Salt and black pepper
For dressing, mix yogurt, honey, mint and cardamom together. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
To make salad, combine ingredients in large bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon chopped cashews for garnish. Toss with just enough dressing to coat completely. Garnish with mint and reserved cashews. Divide and serve on individual serving plates or turn into large serving bowl and serve buffet or family-style.
Notes: Cardamom is a strong aromatic spice; use only as much as you like. Ground green cardamom may be a better choice.
Be careful not to overload the salad with dressing. Any leftover can be passed to add later.
- 2 carrots, cut in matchstick-size pieces (julienne)
- 1 green onion, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 2 Cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 Cup California raisins or California golden raisins
- 1/2 Cup toasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 Cup halved fresh red grapes