- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 2 Cups apple cider vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot (about 3 inches), peeled and chopped
- 11/2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 11/2 Pounds Granny Smith apples (at least 6), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 21/2 Cups California golden raisins
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
In saucepan, dissolve sugar in vinegar; heat and simmer 10 minutes. Measure garlic, gingerroot, salt and pepper flakes into food processor and blend well. Add to sugar-vinegar mixture along with apples, raisins and mustard seeds. Continue to simmer and stir about 45 minutes or until apples are soft and mixture thickens. Store in refrigerator.
Note: Makes a great condiment for pork, ham and other meats.