- 16 Slices bread, lightly buttered and cubed
- 3 Cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 Cups California raisins
- 21/2 Cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3 Cups milk
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 jar (2 1/2 ounces) diced pimiento, drained
Arrange half the bread cubes in bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan. Spread chicken and raisins over bread. Sprinkle with 2 cups of the cheese. Top with remaining bread cubes. In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, green chiles and pimiento; mix well. Pour over bread cubes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover tightly. Refrigerate overnight.
Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover strata. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with salsa, if desired.