This roasted carrot and California raisin slaw is a delicious and easy recipe that is full of flavor. Fresh shredded apple, apple cider, and freshly squeezed orange juice give it a unique and tantalizing taste. It can be enjoyed as a side dish or on its own as a light and refreshing meal.
- 1/2 Cup California raisins
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 Pound carrots, grated
- 1/4 Cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 small red apple, grated
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar, optional
Combine the California raisins and orange juice in a small bowl and allow to soak. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine the olive oil, apple cider, ginger, and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the grated carrots and toss to coat.
Spread the carrots onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Roast for 8-10 minutes until warmed through.
Add the warmed carrots back to the mixing bowl and add the raisins, orange juice, toasted almonds, and grated apple. Toss to combine.
If a tangy component is desired add the apple cider vinegar and toss.
This slaw will keep covered in the fridge for 2 days. Serve leftovers chilled.