In small, heavy nonreactive saucepan, over medium heat, reduce orange juice by half. Turn into medium bowl and whisk together with salt and vinegar. Continue whisking and add olive oil, cumin and pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste. Stir in raisins; set aside.
Heat olive oil in heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté bread on both sides until golden. Set aside. Drain raisins, reserving vinaigrette, and place in a large bowl. Add greens, herbs and vinaigrette; toss gently until mixed.
Combine goat cheese, chives, salt and pepper to taste. Remove tops and seeds from cherry tomatoes and fill with cheese mixture. Divide and arrange tomato slices in center of each of 6 serving plates; top with slice of bread and about 1 cup salad. Arrange filled tomato along side and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Orange Sherry Vinaigrette
- 1/4 Cup fresh orange juice
- Pinch of kosher salt; to taste
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Toasted, freshly ground cumin; to taste
- Toasted, freshly ground black pepper; to taste
- 3/4 Cup loosely packed California raisins
- 1 Tablespoon Spanish olive oil
- 3 Slices Cuban bread or other crusty, rustic bread
- 2 Cups mixed greens, e.g., romaine, red leaf, radicchio, Bibb and/or Belgian endive
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped, mixed, fresh herbs, e.g., sage, basil, rosemary and/or thyme leaves
- 1/4 Cup goat cheese
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped, fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium tomato; ends removed, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro leaves, for garnish