- 1/2 Cup honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup apple cider
- 1/4 Teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Cup fresh cranberries
- 4 medium tart apples; peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 Cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 Cups California golden raisins
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
Combine honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, apple cider, gingerroot and pepper in a medium saucepan. Stir in cranberries, apples, onion, raisins and salt. Cover and heat to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer about 20 minutes, until apples are tender. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
Note: For serving suggestion, see recipe for Turkey and Smoked Gouda Sandwich.