- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 Teaspoons Fennel seeds
- 1 Cup California Raisins
- 15 Curry leaves
- 1 Green chile, thinly sliced (optional or to taste)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 13/4 Teaspoons Red chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Amchur (opitonal)
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- 6 Cups Cornflakes
- 2 Cups Potato sticks
- 3/4 Cup Roasted unsalted peanuts or cashews
In a large pot add the vegetable oil over medium heat. Heat the oil for 1 minute and then add fennel seeds, curry leaves and sliced green chile. Be careful when adding the curry leaves as the oil will sputter. Saute for 30 seconds or until the sputtering stops. Decrease the heat to low and add the turmeric, red chili powder, amchur, sugar, and salt to the oil and mix well for 30 seconds. Add the cornflakes, potato sticks, raisins and peanuts and toss until well coated. Mix well over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Taste the mixture and adjust salt and spices to your liking. Remove from heat and store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Note: Make sure the ingredients are measured out before you begin as the spice will burn in the oil if you take too long to add all the ingredients.
Thanks to Hetal Vasavada for this delicious recipe!