To make the Carrot Snack Cake:
- 11/2 Cups all-Purpose Flour
- 11/2 Cups granulated Sugar
- 11/2 Teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 11/2 Teaspoons baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Can carrots, drained
- 1 Can crushed Pineapple in 100% juice, juice drained
- 3/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 Cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup California raisins
Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9×9-inch pan with baking spray. Line with a lightly greased parchment paper sling, then set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt to combine. In a separate large bowl, mash the carrots until almost smooth then add the pineapple, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until everything is combined. fold in the coconut, walnuts, and California raisins.
Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes in the pan then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the Cream Cheese Icing:
- 8 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon kosher Salt
- 11/2 Cups powdered Sugar, sifted
Add the softened cream cheese and butter to the bowl of a stand mixer; beat with the paddle attachment until smooth and creamy; about 1 minute. Beat in the vanilla and salt. Add the powdered sugar; beat on low speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake. Serve immediately.
Store any leftover cake in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.