- 1/2 Cup California raisins
- 1/4 Cup finely diced fresh fennel
- 1/4 Cup finely diced apple
- 1/4 Cup finely diced celery
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; to taste
Combine all ingredients in medium-sized bowl; toss to mix well.
Note: For serving suggestion, see recipe for Pork Tenderloin Salad with California Raisin Relish.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 80 (Calories from Fat 41%); Total Fat 4 ( Saturated Fat 0.5; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 0; Sodium 10; Potassium 145; Total Carbohydrate 11; Dietary Fiber 1; Sugars 10; Protein 1; Calcium 12; Iron <1;
Try Another Recipe
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.