- In mixer bowl, mix eggs and water together until blended.
- Beat in yeast, salt, sugar and milk powder.
- Then, add flour; mix 3 minutes on first speed and 4 minutes on second speed.
- Beat in butter until well incorporated.
- Mix 6 minutes more or until mixture comes together and cleans sides of bowl.
- Turn onto lightly floured work surface and knead in orange peel and raisins.
- Cover with towel and let ferment for 1 hour.
- Flatten and fold once. Recover and let ferment 1 hour longer.
- Divide dough; scale into 5 pieces (about 1 pound, 3 ounces / 550grams each).
- Shape into rounds and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out in triangle shape about 1/2-inch thick and shape into large croissant by rolling long side toward point.
- Cover and proof for about 75 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in conventional oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 400°F or until done and lightly browned. (For convection oven, reduce temperature to 350°F and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done and lightly browned.)
- Remove from oven; brush with butter and roll in sugar.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
Oatmeal and California Raisin Breakfast Cookies
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are all natural!