- 2 Tablespoons (1 ounce) olive oil
- 4 Cups (2 pounds) fresh red onion, peeled and cut into julienne
- 1/2 Teaspoon (3 grams) sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon (2 grams) fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup (4-1/4 ounces) rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons (2 ounces) honey
- 1/4 Cup (2 ounces) water
- 2 Tablespoons (1 ounce) pomegranate syrup or grenadine
- 21/2 Cups (8 ounces) California golden raisins
Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick sautépan and sauté onions over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper; cook until very soft. Stir in vinegar and reduce to consistency for a glaze. Add honey, water, pomegranate syrup, and golden raisins. Reduce heat to low and cook until thick.
Cool and store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 60 (Calories from Fat 11%); Total Fat 1 ( Saturated Fat 0; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 0; Sodium 35; Potassium 132; Total Carbohydrate 14; Dietary Fiber <1; Sugars 12; Protein 1; Calcium 13; Iron 0;
Try Another Recipe
All-American Raisin Apple Tartlets
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are all natural!