Roast the hazelnuts in sugar in oven at 350°F until caramelized; set aside. For vinaigrette, whisk curry powder, red wine vinegar, garlic, and shallots together. Add hazelnut and olive oils slowly and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Mix goat cheese, cumin seed, touch of ground pepper and plumped raisins. Lightly butter the phyllo dough. Cut four 7-inch circles from sheets of phyllo. Place a generous amount of goat cheese mix in middle of circle of dough and wrap like a purse. Bake in oven at 350°F until lightly brown.
Arrange purse on plate accompanied by mesclun salad. Drizzle salad with vinaigrette and candied hazelnuts. Garnish with chives.
- 1/4 Cup hazelnuts
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 Teaspoon chopped shallots
- 21/2 Tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 21/2 Tablespoons olive oil
Goat Cheese Raisin Phyllo
- 8 Ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- Fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 Cup California raisins, plumped
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1 Package phyllo dough
- 2 Cups mesclun salad or mixed greens
- 1 bunch chives