Turkey-Raisin Picadillo Sliders
Turkey sliders with sweet California raisins and spicy sauce.
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray; as needed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 small dinner rolls, cut in half crosswise
- 8 fresh, ripe tomato slices
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray large skillet generously with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add bay leaves, cumin, chili powder and allspice; stir together for 1 to 2 minutes. Add turkey and cook, stirring to break up meat, until done (165°F). Stir in tomato paste and cook until warmed through. Add water and raisins; cook covered over medium heat until thickened. Uncover and cook, stirring, until desired consistency. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Warm rolls in oven. Divide and spoon turkey mixture among bottom halves of rolls. Top each with a tomato slice and replace tops of rolls. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 440 (31% from fat); Total Fat 16g (sat 4.5 g, mono 6g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 115mg; Protein 33g; Carbohydrate 45g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 20g; ); Iron 5mg; Sodium 200mg; Calcium 107mg; Potassium 1080mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.