Whisk ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
In a medium mixing bowl, toss prawns with 2 tablespoons of the dressing to coat and set aside. Add remaining salad ingredients except lime wedges and toss with remaining dressing. Cover and chill well.
Divide chilled fruit mixture among stemmed cocktail glasses or small bowls. Top with the prawns and garnish with wedges of lime.
Chef’s Note: Sauce and cocktail ingredients should be prepared up to 1 hour in advance and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small jalapeno pepper; seeded, deveined and minced
- 2 Tablespoons finely diced red onion
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 32 cooked, peeled and deveined prawns (size 30/40)
- 1 Cup California golden raisins
- 1 Cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, diced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons chopped mint
- Lime wedges; for garnish