Tropical Shrimp Cocktail
Submitted by: Roy Harland
A refreshing first course or main dish for two.
- Serving Size: 2 shrimp, 2/3 cup sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small jalapeno pepper; seeded, deveined and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 32 cooked, peeled and deveined prawns (size 30/40)
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Lime wedges; for garnish
Whisk ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
In a medium mixing bowl, toss prawns with 2 tablespoons of the dressing to coat and set aside. Add remaining salad ingredients except lime wedges and toss with remaining dressing. Cover and chill well.
Divide chilled fruit mixture among stemmed cocktail glasses or small bowls. Top with the prawns and garnish with wedges of lime.
Chef’s Note: Sauce and cocktail ingredients should be prepared up to 1 hour in advance and refrigerated until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 180 (36% from fat); Total Fat 8g (sat 1g, mono 5g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 20mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 26g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 21g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 30mg; Calcium 26mg; Potassium 55mg
This recipe is found in the following categories:
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.