Tortellini Peach Salad
Submitted by: Roy Harland
This is a wonderful lunch or picnic salad.
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 package (20 ounces each) fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup sliced celery, cut from tender inner stalks
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 2 cups peeled, chopped fresh peaches
In a blender, combine all ingredients for dressing except oils. Process on medium-high speed until smooth, scraping sides, as necessary. Reduce speed to medium-low, add with blender running, add oils in steady stream. Process until smooth. Set aside.
Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Shake dry and place in mixing bowl. Toss with oil. Mix in parsley, celery and raisins. Add peaches to salad and toss with dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.
Cover with plastic wrap laid lightly against the salad to prevent browning, and chill. Let stand at room temperature; divide and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 900 (33% from fat); Total Fat 33g (sat 10g, mono 13g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 70mg; Protein 30g; Carbohydrate 119g; (Dietary Fiber 6g; Sugars 33g; ); Iron 4mg; Sodium 850mg; Calcium 496mg; Potassium 704mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.