Sweet Raisin Chicken Salad
Fruit preserves, Dijon mustard and California raisins top this chicken salad.
- 3/4 cup peach jam or apricot-pineapple preserves
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brandy or bourbon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds cooked skinless chicken, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 package (12 ounces) prepared salad mix containing iceberg and romaine lettuce, carrots and red cabbage
In large mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and mix well. Add chicken pieces and stir until combine. Cover and chill, thoroughly.
Cover serving platter with salad mix, and mound chicken mixture on top, or divide salad mix among 8 plates and portion chicken mixture on top.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 280 (10% from fat); Total Fat 3g (sat 0.5g, mono 1g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 55mg; Protein 23g; Carbohydrate 40g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 32g; ); Iron 7mg; Sodium 360mg; Calcium 59mg; Potassium 492mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.