Super Spice Snack Mix
Submitted by: Dr. Wendy Bazilian
Nutty, chewy, and spicey too! For Diabetes-Friendly, 1/4 cup = 1 carb choice.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper -optional 'heat'
- 1 cup unsalted whole almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted pecan halves
- 1 cup roasted salted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup salted shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2/3 cup California raisins or California golden raisins
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
Preheat oven to 250ºF. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and paprika in a small bowl. Set aside. Place almonds, oats, pecans, pepitas and pistachios in large bowl. Add thawed apple juice concentrate; toss until nuts are evenly coated. Sprinkle with spice mixture, tossing to coat well. Spread evenly on two 15x10x1-inch baking pans. Bake 30 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time. Cool completely on the same or another baking pan on a wire rack. Stir in raisins and dried cherries. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 190 (53% from fat); Total Fat 100g (sat 10g, mono 4g, poly 2.5g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 18g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 10g; ); Iron 1.31mg; Sodium 35mg; Calcium 35.44mg; Potassium 160mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.