To make dressing, whisk oil, vinegar, juices, honey, lemon peel and salt together in small bowl. Mix in raisins; let stand 15 minutes. Line 4 plates with lettuce. Arrange prawns and fruits on lettuce. Spoon dressing over.
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons orange juice
- 2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- 1 Teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 Cup California golden raisins
- 1 Package (10 ounces) prepared hearts of romaine
- 1 dozen large prawns; cooked, shelled and chilled
- 11/2 Cups pieces of assorted fruits including melon balls, orange slices, pineapple wedges, grapes, kiwifruit
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 320 (Calories from Fat 41%); Total Fat 15 ( Saturated Fat 2; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 165; Sodium 200; Potassium 625; Total Carbohydrate 28; Dietary Fiber 3; Sugars 23; Protein 20; Calcium 80; Iron 4;
Try Another Recipe
Sweet and Sour Coleslaw
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.