Raisin Walnut Bars
|Walnuts, chopped and roasted||37||6.3||179|
|California raisin paste||27.5||4.7||133|
|Zest of one lemon|
|Eggs, 2 large||22||3.8||106|
|Powdered sugar, sifted||10.6||300|
- Combine raisins and water in saucepan and bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add raisin paste, lemon zest and butter. Let mixture cool and turn into mixer bowl. Add eggs and sugar; beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda and spices. Slowly, add flour a little at a time and mix until it is fully incorporated. Fold in walnuts.
- Spread dough, evenly, onto a parchment lined 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350˚F for about 20 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile for Lemon Icing, mix sifted powdered sugar and lemon juice until it has a smooth consistency that drizzles easily. 2
- Cool bars and drizzle with Lemon Icing while still warm. Then, cool completely and cut into 12 bars
This recipe is found in the following categories:
(No Ratings Yet)
Comments are closed.