Raisin, Pecan and Sausage Stuffing
With staples like raisins, seasonings and chicken broth, this stuffing is a cinch.
- Prep Time : 30 min
- Cook Time : 45 min
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 15 min
- 6 ounce ground pork sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- Ground nutmeg; to taste
- Freshly ground pepper; to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
In heavy 10 or 12-inch skillet, fry sausage over moderate heat until lightly browned. Stir frequently with a fork to breakup any lumps. Remove with slotted spoon to 1 1/2-quart buttered baking dish. Remove all except 1 or 2 tablespoons fat from skillet; add onion and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft but not browned, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to baking dish with sausage. Add cornbread, pecans, raisins, parsley, thyme, seasonings and chicken broth to baking dish. Toss together gently but thoroughly. Cover baking dish and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes until heated through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 370 (48% from fat); Total Fat 20g (sat 5g, mono 10g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 20mg; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 41g; (Dietary Fiber 6g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 580mg; Calcium 47mg; Potassium 350mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.