- 3 Cups California raisins*
- 2 Cups unsweeetened shredded coconut
- 2 Cups Multigrain type cereal
- 2 Cups shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 Cups sliced almonds
- 2 Cups old fashioned oats
- 2 Cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed and dried
- 1 Cup flax seeds
- 1 Cup demerara sugaror other natural sweetener
- 1 Cup pure unsweentened fruit juice, cherry or pomegranate
- 1 Cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened peanut butter or other nut butter*
- 4 egg whites
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a full sheet pan, 25 x 16 inch, with parchment paper.
Pulse raisins and coconut together in processor until roughly chopped, but not pureed. Place mixture in large mixing bowl and set aside. Pulse cereal, pumpkin seeds, and almonds in processor until chopped, but not pureed or sticky. In a large skillet toast cereal nut mixture with oats, quinoa and flax seeds just until lightly browned and mixture smells nutty. Remove from heat and add to raisin mixture.
In saucepan melt sugar in fruit juice over low heat, stirring, just until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat. In another pan over low heat, melt maple syrup, coconut oil, and nut butter together, whisk to fully blend. Add sugar juice mixture and syrup mixture to raisin mixture and toss. Beat egg whites in separate bowl just until frothy, fold egg whites into raisin nut mixture. Spread mixture evenly into prepared sheet pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned and firm. Remove from oven and carefully cut into 4 x 1 inch bars, allow to cool completely in pan.