- 11/2 Cups California golden raisins
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Cup bean flour
- 2/3 Cup potato starch
- 1/3 Cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 3/4 Cup chopped lightly toasted walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside. Combine raisins and orange juice in small bowl; set aside. Mix bean flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, brown sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt together. In a small bowl, beat egg and milk together; mix in oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix well using a hand mixer. Fold in nuts and raisins with juice. Divide and spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool.
Note: To accelerate plumping, microwave raisins and juice on high for 30 seconds; set aside to cool.