- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt; to taste
- 1 Pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Cup almond or rice milk
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Ground white pepper
- 1 Cup (6 ounces) California natural and golden raisins, mixed
- 4 Ounces toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Almond oil
- Chopped chives
In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté onion; season with salt and stir to coat with oil. Add potatoes and heat through, stirring constantly. Add milk to cover about 1/2-inch deep and almond oil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender; drain reserving liquid. Purée in blender, adding enough liquid to form a silky smooth soup. Correct seasonings. Keep warm.
To serve, reheat soup. Divide raisins and pumpkin seeds among 6 soup bowls and drizzle with olive oil. Divide and ladle hot soup into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped chives, if desired. Serve at once.