- Serving Size: 1 chimi with 3 ounces meat
- 12 pounds 8 ounces ground beef
- 10 cups chopped onions
- 5 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 cups California raisins
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon + 1 1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/8 teaspoons black pepper
- 50 count 10-inch flour tortillas
1. Cook ground beef and onion together, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
2. Add tomato sauce, water, raisins and seasonings; stir to blend.
3. Simmer 20 minutes.
4. Using a #6 scoop, place one scoop of meat mixture in the center of each tortilla.
5. Fold the bottom up, then the two sides over, and the top down. Fasten the top down with a long toothpick.
6. Heat oil in deep fryer to 375º F.
7. Place chimis, folded side down, in the deep fryer basket. Fry about 3 minutes or until golden brown; drain. Remove toothpick.
Note: Steaming the tortillas before folding will make them more pliable. Try this filling for tacos, tostadas, taco salads, Sloppy Joes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 510 (40% from fat); Total Fat 23g (sat 8g, mono 9g, poly 2g, trans <1g ); Cholesterol 80mg; Protein 27g; Carbohydrate 51g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 20g; ); Iron 5mg; Sodium 580mg; Calcium 39mg; Potassium 669mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.