Peruvian Beef Wrap with California Raisins
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked and shredded lean chuck roast, IMPS/NAMP 116B
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups tomato purée
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 3 tablespoons red onion, coarsely chopped
- 12 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 4 1/2 ounce dry quinoa, cooked according to package instructions (to yield 3 cups)
- 3 cups canned black beans, drained
- 3/4 cup red onions, minced
- 6 ounce snow peas; blanched, chilled and coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1. Combine shredded beef, cilantro, onion, lime juice, garlic, cumin, tomato purée, sugar, raisins and water in large kettle. Heat to boiling; cover and simmer 1 hour or until hot clear through (160°F), stirring occasionally. Season and keep warm.
2. Steam tortillas to soften. Lay flat in single layer on work surface. Scoop 1/2 cup (4 1/2 ounces) beef mixture just above center of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup cooked quinoa, 1/4 cup black beans, 1 tablespoon minced red onion, 2 tablespoons snow peas and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tomato. turn in sides and roll to enclose filling. Hold at 140°F. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 580 (17% from fat); Total Fat 11g (sat 3g, mono 5g, poly 1g, trans <1g ); Cholesterol 55mg; Protein 33g; Carbohydrate 87g; (Dietary Fiber 10g; Sugars 27g; ); Iron 8mg; Sodium 410mg; Calcium 150mg; Potassium 801mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.