Pecan Crusted Chicken with Raisin-Watermelon Salad
Spicy raisin-mustard flavored salad accents crusty chicken breast.
- Serving Size: 2 chicken strips, 1 cup salad, 1 1/2 tablespoons vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons California golden raisins
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper; to taste
- 6 ounce mixed baby greens
- 1 cup radishes, julienne
- 2 cups small diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup California natural raisins
Pecan Crusted Chicken
- 1/2 cup instant flour*
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 chicken breasts (8 ounces each) pounded to 1/4-inch thick
- Oil; for frying
Combine all ingredients in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade or blender container and process until smooth. Chill.
Mix all ingredients together and chill.
Pecan Crusted Chicken
Measure flour into shallow container; set aside. Combine eggs, half-and-half, pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce in small shallow bowl and whisk together; set aside. Combine breadcrumbs, pecans and parsley in shallow bowl; mix together well and set aside. Heat oil to 350°F.
Cut each chicken breast, lengthwise, into 4 strips, each about 1/2-inch wide. Dredge each strip in flour; dip in egg mixture to coat thoroughly; drain excess. Finally, coat each completely with crumb mixture; fry until crisp and done (165°F). Drain on paper towels; season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Toss salad with vinaigrette and divide among 4 serving plates. Arrange 4 chicken strips on top of each. Serve.
Note: Gold Medal Wondra preferred or cake flour.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 590 (36% from fat); Total Fat 24g (sat 3.5g, mono 14g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 175mg; Protein 37g; Carbohydrate 58g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 30g; ); Iron 5mg; Sodium 390mg; Calcium 128mg; Potassium 946mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.