For dressing, combine all ingredients except oil in blender. With blender running, slowly add oil in steady stream. Blend until emulsified. Set aside.
Bring 1 quart water to boil in saucepan. Add snow peas and return to boil. Cook 1 or 2 minutes just until heated through and tender crisp. Put bean sprouts in colander. Pour snow peas and hot cooking water over sprouts to soften. Drain well and cool completely. Combine snow peas, bean sprouts, peaches and nuts in large bowl. Toss gently with dressing until well coated. Arrange on lettuce-lined platter or portion onto individual lettuce-lined salad plates.
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 Slices peeled fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 Pound fresh snow peas or green beans, halved
- 1/2 Pound bean sprouts
- 2 fresh ripe peaches, coarsely diced
- 1/2 Cup cashews, peanuts or whole natural almonds
- 1 Cup California golden raisins