Old English Mince for Pies and Tarts
Just add pastry for the perfect three-raisin mince pie.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- 4 cups California natural raisins
- 3 cups California Zante currants
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 3 cups unpeeled grated apple
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- Grated peel of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Mix all ingredients together except brandy. Spoon into jars and barely cover with brandy. Close securely and allow to stand in a cool dark place at least one month but the longer, the better. Makes enough to bake in 4 pies, or spoon into 32 individual tart shells. Garnish with whipped cream and walnut halves; if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 160 (1% from fat); Total Fat 0g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 41g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 38g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 10mg; Calcium 32mg; Potassium 362mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.