Neptune’s Raisin Salad
A quick put-together of canned tuna, iceberg lettuce and California raisins.
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce
- 2/3 cup pitted and sliced fresh ripe plums
- 1 can (6-1/2 or 7 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup California raisins
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Reserve several lettuce leaves and tear remaining head into bite-size pieces. In large bowl, combine lettuce, plums, tuna, onions and raisins. In small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; pour over salad. Toss thoroughly. Serve on individual lettuce-lined salad plates.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 320 (42% from fat); Total Fat 15g (sat 1g, mono 8g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 25mg; Protein 23g; Carbohydrate 25g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 20g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 580mg; Calcium 37mg; Potassium 549mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.